Be Cellulite Free On Your Wedding Day
Body cellulite, what a nuisance!
The best way to get rid of cellulite is to use a combination of methods.
Try these techniques. Obviously it won’t disappear overnight but the sooner you start the sooner it will improve.
Food & Diet
- Do not starve yourself with strict diets.
- Eat fresh food and plenty of vegetables.
- Do not overeat.
- Avoid processed, preserved and tinned foods.
- Drink plenty of water
- Cut down on coffee, tea and alcohol.
Exercise is very important of you seriously want to get rid of cellulite. A combination of routines is best:
- Aerobic exercise: cycling, walking or swimming for at least 20minutes 3 times a week.
- Toning exercise to build muscle and disperse the cellulite.
Dry Skin Brushing
This will remove dead skin layers to allow your pores to eliminate waste, stimulate blood circulation, rejuvenate the nervous system and remove cellulite.
- Use a natural bristle brush with a long handle.
- Make sure your skin is dry and do one leg at a time.
- Begin with the feet. Using light pressure, brush upwards on the top of the foot starting from the toes and then around the ankle.
- Use sweeping upward strokes and do the back of the leg and then the top of the leg. Ensure that you cover every part. Keep brushing until your skin is rosy.
- Pulling your skin firmly do the back of the knee and then the knee.
- Move to the inside of the thigh, then do the top of the thigh and the side of the thigh. Use large upward strokes pulling towards the heart.
- Do the other leg.
- Do not brush over irritated or infected skin.
- Start with 5 minutes a day and then gradually increase the pressure and the length of time.
- Brush everyday and then after 3 months you can reduce it to 3-4 times a week.
- Do it before you shower so that you can wash all the debris off after you finish brushing.
Massage helps the circulation and breaks down fat and cellulite.
- Put some massage lotion or an essential oil (rosemary or geranium are good for cellulite) into your palms and apply to the cellulite area.
- Using both hands massage the area well using kneading and squeezing movements. Give the area a good massage.
- Slap the area lightly using both hands alternately to stimulate the area.
- Cup your hands and pat the area using quick moverments and both hands alternately.
- Finish off with slow massaging movements pulling upwards towards the groin.
- You can also use a hand massaging tool.
Cellulite can be caused by stress. If you are constantly stressed out try to find a solution to what is causing the stress.
Find some time for yourself to relax and do things you enjoy. It can be as simple as reading a book , going for a walk or watching a favourite video.
Meditation is also good for relaxing.
To help your blood and lymph to circulate, thus enabling your body to eliminate the cellulite:
- Avoid tight clothing
- Be aware of your posture – don’t stoop.
- Don’t cross your legs.
Note: Information on this website is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.